Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: coping and tile removal

1. Back To Top    #1

coping and tile removal

I have a tile contractor working on removing my tile and coping now . The electric hammer they are using is chipping the bond beam
    while they are removing the cement that held the coping tile in place is this normal ? I don't think so some of the chips are large.
    45,000 gal gunite
    with spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: coping and tile removal

How big is large? Some chipping is unavoidable and any loose material or areas needs to be removed for proper adhesion of the tile and coping. Any voids will be filled with the material used to set the coping and tile. It is most likely fine. Got a pic?
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: coping and tile removal

I will try to upload a picture the largest chip is little big than my hand about 2 inches deep and several smaller ones . Thank You for the reply.
    45,000 gal gunite
    with spa