french drain will not pump

Sounds like you are referring to main drain in the bottom of the pool. Is the pool mostly empty? The pump probably doesn't have enough suction to lift the water that high when the pool isn't full.

Ok count me in the confused club.

You have a pool with a liner. It has a bottom drain (dual drains?) (actually a suction port on the bottom of the pool). Correct? That is piped to the main pump.

And you have some other pipe that you call a french drain Under the pool?

And by french drain you mean a perforated pipe for collecting water and transporting it away? Is it under the pool or beside the pool?

Can we get a picture?

When they built my pool they put in the same thing which is a gravel "sump" that has a 2" pipe running to it, if you want to drain the pool you can pump the water out from beneath the shell so it won't pop out. I have never tried to use it but I was told thats what its for. I think a true french drain uses gravity to drain.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You know you are right, I have read and i have a gravel sump not a french drain oh well what won't a pool builder tell you too get your money. Live and learn but you can not pump sump unless you have a vacuum pump or vac truck. oh well pool guy 1 owner 0.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.