Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool owner

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool owner

Hi everyone,

I bought a house last august with a pool that hasn't been opened in, at this point, 3 years. I joined here to ask questions and get everything going and hopefully help someone else down the line. I have posted a thread over in the just getting started forum as a place to document my journey so others may be able to follow along. It will also be a good place for me to put down all my gear and questions hopefully. I have never had a pool or really messed with alot of water chemistry, but my profession is chemistry testing so that part should work out for me pretty well in the pool world.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: New pool owner

Welcome to TFP and congrats on the new pool! Good luck with the project.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Hey there Jared Welcome to TFP! Have you dabbled in our Pool School articles yet?
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW PA

Welcome to TFP Jared.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter