No Pool Light

Apr 7, 2016
Monroe, LA
We bought a house with an existing pool but it has no light installed. We have tried Flolights which work well but don't last long. We are simply looking for a good option to light our pool and don't want to drain the pool nor go through the expense and hassle of installing a traditional pool light. I do have what seems to be a port (currently cover by the liner) in the middle of the pool that was possibly put there for a pool cleaner. There are also two pipes near the filter that are capped. One seems to be about an inch in diameter and the other probably 3". A) Is there an option anyone knows about to run a line through that booster pipe for a light and B) Are there any other options I have not thought of? We have also looked at floating lights but you either have to keep replacing batteries or recharging them or if they are solar powered they are disco lights. We just want a good steady light and not a 70's show. :) Thank you

If the cleaner pipe is at least 1.5 inch you can go with a Nicheless light but the pipe would have to be straight at the pool for 3 to 14 inches at the pool for the light to fit depending on the model. Take a look at page 4 and 6 of this link. Also they are not cheep and while I don't know what moddle I have I will say we have 2 and I would consider that a minimum not sure how effective just one would be. http://www.jandy.com/~/media/zodiac/global/downloads/h/h0532600.pdf

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.