Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: No Pool Light

1. Back To Top    #1

No Pool Light

We bought a house with an existing pool but it has no light installed. We have tried Flolights which work well but don't last long. We are simply looking for a good option to light our pool and don't want to drain the pool nor go through the expense and hassle of installing a traditional pool light. I do have what seems to be a port (currently cover by the liner) in the middle of the pool that was possibly put there for a pool cleaner. There are also two pipes near the filter that are capped. One seems to be about an inch in diameter and the other probably 3". A) Is there an option anyone knows about to run a line through that booster pipe for a light and B) Are there any other options I have not thought of? We have also looked at floating lights but you either have to keep replacing batteries or recharging them or if they are solar powered they are disco lights. We just want a good steady light and not a 70's show. Thank you

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: No Pool Light

Welcome to the forum. Above ground pool or inground?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Sorry... inground pool. 18x36 with diving board. 3 returns plus two in the stairs

4. Back To Top    #4

What about pretty pole lights outside of the pool? There are some pretty ones out there! Here is one example. I bet you could find others for a better price.

Livex Lighting Frontenac 3 Light Outdoor Post With Lights in Black 7710-04

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Hi Kim... thank you for the post but we are looking for underwater ideas to illuminate the pool for night swimming and just general ambiance.

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

If the cleaner pipe is at least 1.5 inch you can go with a Nicheless light but the pipe would have to be straight at the pool for 3 to 14 inches at the pool for the light to fit depending on the model. Take a look at page 4 and 6 of this link. Also they are not cheep and while I don't know what moddle I have I will say we have 2 and I would consider that a minimum not sure how effective just one would be. http://www.jandy.com/~/media/zodiac/...h/h0532600.pdf
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!