Variable Speed motor sizing

Apr 6, 2016
Greenbrier, Ar
I am looking to put a variable speed motor on my Hayward Super Pump. I'm not sure what size I need though. My pool is around 28,800 gallons. I have to skimmers tied into one two inch pvc line that reduces to 1.5" PVS at the three way diverter valve. My main drain is 1.5" PVC coming into the other side of the diverter valve. I want to be able to turn the pool over at least 1.5 times a day. Is there any more information I need to figure this out? Thanks in advance guys.

I think that 1.65 total HP is the lowest power variable speed motor available. You should never need the full power of that motor.
What model is your pump? What is the total motor HP? Total HP is label HP x S.F (Service Factor).

I am looking to put a variable speed motor on my Hayward Super Pump.
I would be careful about using one of those add of VS motors, many people have had issues with those.

I want to be able to turn the pool over at least 1.5 times a day.
Why? That is almost never required. I turn over my pool at most 1/2 times per day in the heat of the summer 100F+.

You can read the run time study in my signature or the pool school article: Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.