Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Centrifigul Switch removal Hayward Super Pump II

1. Back To Top    #1

Centrifigul Switch removal Hayward Super Pump II

Hi,
    I am in the process of replacing the bearings on our Super Pump II. So far, I have had the adventure of the long skinny bolts coroding in place in the aluminum casting on the impeller end
    Now I am jammed up as I try to further disassemble the pump. For some reason, I cannot remove the screw that holds the switch on the shaft on the end with the capacitor and other electronics. I do not know if it is threaded the opposite way as normal, or if it is stuck. And because the screw has a rounded head and a shallow, straight slot, along with the fact that a part of the switch is hanging over the screw head, I can get almost no grip on the screw...
    Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    David
    18,000 gallon, in-ground gunite pool
    Hayward C-1750 Cartridge filter
    3/4 hp pump
    in Sunny Northern California

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Centrifigul Switch removal Hayward Super Pump II

A picture might help.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Centrifigul Switch removal Hayward Super Pump II

Quote Originally Posted by mas985 View Post
    A picture might help.

Good point... although a bit of brute force did the trick. I hit the screw with the end of of screwdriver driven by a hammer, and that freed the screw.

It was worth it. Both bearings (6203 for those playing at home were gummed up and in need of replacement. All should be well upon re-assembly...

Thanks,
    David
    18,000 gallon, in-ground gunite pool
    Hayward C-1750 Cartridge filter
    3/4 hp pump
    in Sunny Northern California