Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fence Stain Overspray

1. Back To Top    #1

Fence Stain Overspray

Good afternoon everyone.

Just got home from work and saw the fence stain crew pulling out and when I went to inspect the work, I noticed a film on the water from the overspray and some collection on the water in the skimmer. Is there anything I can do at this point to mitigate the issue (if there is are will be one)?

Fence stain is an oil base.

Thinking about dumping a few bags of kitty litter in the pool to help soak it up (okay, just kidding ).

Here are my current TF-100 readings.

FC - 6
    PH - 7.2
    CYA - 50
    TA - 80

Thanks for looking!
    ~Chris - 20,000 gallons free-form gunite / Pebbletec, Aquapure 1400 SWG, 2 HP Jandy VS Main Pool Pump, 2 HP Jandy Water feature Pump, 580 Jandy cartridge filter, Dolphin M500, TF-100 w/Speedstir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fence Stain Overspray

Just run the pump, can't imagine it would do much if anything.

is it environmentally friendly stain?

I'm staining my fence this weekend, some area goes one side the pool. I'll have my pump running, not worried.

The stain I use is bio friendly.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

3. Back To Top    #3

Oil based so I doubt it's too bio-friendly - or who decides what makes something bio-friendly or not. lol I guess I'm more concerned with longevity of the color and how frequently it has to be reapplied.

Pump will stay running but if it's floating on top I doubt it's going to get filtered.
    ~Chris - 20,000 gallons free-form gunite / Pebbletec, Aquapure 1400 SWG, 2 HP Jandy VS Main Pool Pump, 2 HP Jandy Water feature Pump, 580 Jandy cartridge filter, Dolphin M500, TF-100 w/Speedstir.

4. Back To Top    #4

A scum ball should soak up the oil. Pool store will have 'em, not sure if anyone else will. If it doesn't work, Magic Eraser (grocery store cleaning aisle) will clean the ring around the pool. If it's really bad, Pool First Aid from the dreaded pool store is an enzyme that eats oil.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    A scum ball should soak up the oil. Pool store will have 'em, not sure if anyone else will. If it doesn't work, Magic Eraser (grocery store cleaning aisle) will clean the ring around the pool. If it's really bad, Pool First Aid from the dreaded pool store is an enzyme that eats oil.
    Thanks for the scum ball suggestion Richard. I was able to use the shop vac to skim most of it from the down wind skimmer toonight. I'll double check it a couple more times over the next few days.

I will pick one up as soon as I can to have on hand though.