Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: deep end a bit cloudy

1. Back To Top    #1

deep end a bit cloudy

just finished with mustard algae 7 days ago and left with a bit of cloudy water at deep end. water a blue tint and has a white gray silt on steps and pool bottom that is swept each morning. just moved from test strips to TF 100 test kit yesterday. here are the results:
    FC 5.5
    CC 1.0
    TC 6.5
    PH 7.2
    CYA 60
    TA 120
    CH 300

Should I slam the pool?

Thank you,

Alan, Winter Springs, Fl
    In ground 18' x 40' rounded corners, 3'-7.6' deep, 23,900 gals, plaster, C1200 cartridge filter, county water, Pentair 1hp model WFE-24 pump, with screen enclosure

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: deep end a bit cloudy

I would just jump right into a SLAM, if you caught it early should be nice and easy and fast. cloudy water and 1.0 CC probably means you got a bloom starting. with the water warming up for us in Florida right now, gotta keep an extra close eye on the pool
    Dan
    9,000 gallon in-ground Saltwater pool, plaster, cartridge filer, 1.0 hp pump, Hayward T-15 SWCG, TF-100
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart; Pool School - Test Kits Compared;

3. Back To Top    #3

That 1CC means you still have something lurking in the water. I'd review the SLAM directions again and go at it.

You're not done with a SLAM until overnight loss is <1, CCs are less than 0.5, and water is *clear*.

pH is perfect for a SLAM, because once you start and raise that FC over 10 your pH test is unreliable.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by ach0g14 View Post
    just finished with mustard algae 7 days ago and left with a bit of cloudy water at deep end. water a blue tint and has a white gray silt on steps and pool bottom that is swept each morning. just moved from test strips to TF 100 test kit yesterday. here are the results:
    FC 5.5
    CC 1.0
    TC 6.5
    PH 7.2
    CYA 60
    TA 120
    CH 300

Should I slam the pool?

Thank you,

Alan, Winter Springs, Fl
    Yes. The CC of 1 along with dead algae settling out and the cloudiness all point to a SLAM.

Do whatever you can to improve water circulation in the deep end -- open the main drain, point a return down, or set the vacuum in the deep end tilted sideways so it pulls a lot of water -- and do not skimp on brushing. If you haven't pulled the light and cleaned the niche, do that, too. And check ladders, stairs, even the skimmer throat for algae. Some interesting pictures:

Think I may have found my FC demand issue?
    Problem Found and Ideas needed
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!