Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Best way to get started

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Best way to get started

So this is going to be our third attempt for having fun and clear AG pool this summer. We've not had very good turn outs and last year I found this group and learned about the BBB and slamming methods...... Now I need help to see what is going to be best at getting the pool cleaned and going. We didn't close it or cover it this past year so my husband took it upon himself to start draining it while I was gone one day so now it's got about 1 1/2 foot of water in it and I started slamming it to clear it up so I can see the bottom. I need to know if it's best to start cleaning it by vacuuming it over the side cause I can't use the pump or do I slam it and just fill it back up while keeping it slammed....
    32,000 gal, 33x52 AG, 300lb Cristal-Flo II sand filter 145362C, 2 HP Dynamo 2 speed pump DYNII-N2-2, Install date June 2012, bought house Jan 2014.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Best way to get started

If youve gone that far, you ought to clean it out as best you possibly can now, refill and properly SLAM it when it's full. If it were mine, that's what I'd do.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Best way to get started

Thanks Patrick_B that's what I needed to know. Wasn't sure what is best and easiest to do.
    32,000 gal, 33x52 AG, 300lb Cristal-Flo II sand filter 145362C, 2 HP Dynamo 2 speed pump DYNII-N2-2, Install date June 2012, bought house Jan 2014.