Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Easytouch 4 Question Disable Spa Mode

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Easytouch 4 Question Disable Spa Mode

image.jpgimage.jpgLooking for guidance on my Easytouch 4 with a wired remote wall control as well as wireless screenlogic.

A little background: We rent our house during the summer here in the Florida panhandle and then return in the fall. Last summer we had guests putting the pool into spa mode too often. We have a SWG and spa mode isolates the SWG with no chlorine going to the pool. I did set the spa mode on a 1 hour egg timer which largely rectified the chlorination issue.

This summer I want to be better prepared. Guests control the pool via the wired Easytouch 4 button controller. I would like to disable the cleaner and spa mode functions while I am gone and limit their access to the pool lights and spa jets. What is the easiest way to accomplish this task.
    14x40 rectangular Grecian gunite pool with CLI Sunstone Pearl Cove Blue quartz finish. Pool has a 10x10 sun deck and 5 jet hot tub with 2 hp pump, 4K btu heater, 2 hp Intelliflo VS pump, IC-40 SWG Intellichlor, Globrite lighting, Racer cleaner with booster pump, Sand Dollar filter, Intellitouch with PC and android screen logic interface

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Pentair Easytouch 4 Question Disable Spa Mode

I would just unplug the actuator valves inside the controller outside. Then the valves would not turn no matter what. Then when you come back to he house, plug them back in. Do you lock the outside controller box?
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

3. Back To Top    #3

Fantastic idea! Yes I do lock the box and the gas line. The Easytouch controller has a button to control the cleaner which utilizes a booster pump. I remove the cleaner while I am gone and don't want the pump running without the cleaner attached. Is there an easy way to accomplish that?
    14x40 rectangular Grecian gunite pool with CLI Sunstone Pearl Cove Blue quartz finish. Pool has a 10x10 sun deck and 5 jet hot tub with 2 hp pump, 4K btu heater, 2 hp Intelliflo VS pump, IC-40 SWG Intellichlor, Globrite lighting, Racer cleaner with booster pump, Sand Dollar filter, Intellitouch with PC and android screen logic interface

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Unplug the relay for the booster pump while you are in there unplugging the actuators
    -Brian-
    33K Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment
    POOL BUILD
    Davis Custom Construction - Home Page

5. Back To Top    #5

Got it! Thanks!

6. Back To Top    #6

Okay, here is what i did:

I put the heater on its' own breaker. So now in order to disable spa mode, I turn the automatic valves OFF and flip the breaker OFF for the heater.

However, you can still push the spa button on the easy touch controller. The button led lights up and the Intelliflo rpm drops to the 2000 rpm specified for spa mode. I have the spa on an egg timer for 30 minutes, so it won't stay in this limited spa mode for very long. I would really like to figure out a way where when you push the spa button NOTHING happens. Any ideas out there?