Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my old Fiberstars illuminator with 4 fiber optic pool lights that was installed in 1993. I like the idea of the new Fiberstars PAL Treo LED lights with PT-6000 Power Tower retrofit system so I can use the existing 1-1/2 inch conduit and pool wall fittings for the lights. This looks like it should be a fairly easy DIY project since I have easy access to the four conduits and light box. The only issue is how best to get the old fiber optic lens out of the wall housing. They supposedly screw into the wall housing but since I haven't drained the pool yet I don't have any knowledge of just how to go about removing the old lenses. I'm assuming it requires a special tool, Fiberstars part number FS-117, sold as their lens tightening tool?

Does anyone have some advise on how these older fiber optic lights come out? Can this be a DIY project? I can buy all of the Fiberstars TREO LED lights and control box from online suppliers for about $1k less than having a pool contractor install them. I'd rather put that money towards a new pebble finish if I can do this lighting upgrade myself.

Thanks,
Kevin

the little LED research Ive done is people expect them to be brighter
but compared to old fiberstars they might be brighter

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade my old Fiberstars illuminator with 4 fiber optic pool lights that was installed in 1993. I like the idea of the new Fiberstars PAL Treo LED lights with PT-6000 Power Tower retrofit system so I can use the existing 1-1/2 inch conduit and pool wall fittings for the lights. This looks like it should be a fairly easy DIY project since I have easy access to the four conduits and light box. The only issue is how best to get the old fiber optic lens out of the wall housing. They supposedly screw into the wall housing but since I haven't drained the pool yet I don't have any knowledge of just how to go about removing the old lenses. I'm assuming it requires a special tool, Fiberstars part number FS-117, sold as their lens tightening tool?

Does anyone have some advise on how these older fiber optic lights come out? Can this be a DIY project? I can buy all of the Fiberstars TREO LED lights and control box from online suppliers for about $1k less than having a pool contractor install them. I'd rather put that money towards a new pebble finish if I can do this lighting upgrade myself.

Thanks,
Kevin

Bumping this...first post.

Ive just joined, researching an upgrade of a POS install of a Fiberstars. (TFP seemed like a pretty popular forum for pools.)

To your question- two small 1/8" screwdrivers- phillips or straight, placed into the two holes in the lense, and a bigger screwdriver at a 90 degree crosswise between them and turn, Hold the two in one hand, the one crosswise in the other one. Or a big needlenose plier might work. I just took the remains of one of mine out (Lense had cracked off but the remant ring was still in the threaded fitting.

I will be DIYing mine. Just measured and I have 8.75" of 1.5" space from the surface of the pool/surface of the threaded ring. Hmm.

I posted a new thread specific to my questions...

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.