Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liner Replacement - What do you think I should expect?

1. Back To Top    #1

Roselle, IL

Liner Replacement - What do you think I should expect?

New to TFP, glad to have found this place. I need to do a replacement liner as it is faded and has a small leak. I am noticing a little surface rust on the outside of a few panels, what do you think i am in for on the inside of the pool when i do removed the liner. I am concerned it might be new pool time and I shouldn't throw money into a new liner. Pool was already installed when I moved into the house, but thanks to google earth I know the pool appeared between 1998 and 2002. So it is anywhere from 14-18 years old. We have a new baby (8 months currently) and plan to have a pool for his childhood. We also plan on this being our house for a long time unless something big happened to cause us to move.

Any advice from anyone who has dealt with this in the past? Is it "time" to retire this one and go for a whole new pool? I priced liners in my area, and I am looking $300 to $500 depending on which one, and I am expecting $400-$500 to have someone come out and change my liner. Would this be $700-$1000 of good money after bad?

2016-03-08 17.33.28.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liner Replacement - What do you think I should expect?

Personal opinion I would replace the liner, sand the bad areas, and spray with some rustoleaum. I moved a 12 yr old pool and its standing strong 3 yrs running.

I'm sure some pros will provide a better assement.
    16,000 gals. 27 Round AG. Intex SWG. 1.5 hp Hayward Power Flo Lx. Jacuzzi 190L sand filter. TF-100. Full sun.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Liner Replacement - What do you think I should expect?

I am with Red. Fix as needed while saving money to get a good, resin pool when that time comes.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!