Cleaning the salt cell

Normally the cell is attached to your PVC pipes using standard screw-in unions. You remove the cell and use a dilute muriatic acid solution (5:1 water:acid) to clean any calcium deposits off the cell plates.

Your users manual should have the correct cleaning procedure printed in it.

I've switched to using white vinegar since it's not as hard on the cell. It takes longer but I don't worry about damage.

BTW, in my case the salt number starts dropping, indicating that the cell is clogging. Keep your TA and PH in line and that will help.

Only clean the cell if it has white scale on the blades. You might try washing it off with a hose first to see if it comes clean. I've had this cell for a year now and I've never had to clean it with an acid solution.

Each time you use acid to clean the cell it removes a tiny bit of the coating on the cell blades. If the solution is too strong it will remove the coatings and shorten the life of the cell.

The check cell notification is only there to remind you to inspect the cell after a set amount of time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.