trying to decide between ladder or stairs in deep end

Apr 6, 2016
Ontario
Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum and hoping for your help. We are in final stages of selecting pool size/shape/accessories.
We are likely going with Lagoon style from Latham Pool Products, 20x40 size which is quite large, 8' in deep end. We have a lot of parties and have kids ages 5 & 7.
We will have 8' roman curve steps in shallow end and were thinking of having another set of same in deep end, along with a diving board.
Idea is that people like to hang out on steps, plus we like the look of steps over a ladder.
One concern is whether stairs will make it easier or more difficult to get out of the pool in the deep end? I've never tried myself. Not sure which is more functional?
Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• lagoon pool mock up.jpg
    lagoon pool mock up.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 142
Welcome to TFP!

You may want to check codes. Ladders may be required.

It would seem to me you'd have to crawl out of the stairs in the deep end which would be kind of awkward. Also, stairs tend to collect debris, so you'll want a return in each set of stairs. I think I'd probably consider a tanning ledge or seat rather than the second set of stairs.

Most folks nowadays are using swimouts, aka benches, to get out of the deep end. They are also nice for kids to hang out on and adults to sit on and sip tasty beverages!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.