Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool brush recommendation

1. Back To Top    #1

Cartersville, GA

Pool brush recommendation

Looking for a recommendation of a brand of steel scrub brush for my pool. The one I have, just plain old steel brush from Wal-Mart, Home-Depot, etc. 2nd season using it... When I use it, the bristles come out and are left all over the pool to stick feet or hands when emptying the Polaris bag.
    20k gal, Plaster/Pebble, Pentair Tagelus Sand filter TA100D w/ TM-22 multiport valve;
    Intelliflo Variable Speed 3hp pump; Aqua Rite 25k SWG, Polaris 280 Sweep Vac

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: Pool brush recommendation

I have this one but no metal bristles, they work great and get great reviews.. This one has the metal in it... : SweepEase SS/POLY BLEND Brush AquaDynamic Pool Brush, 18-Inch : Patio, Lawn Garden
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3
    Austin, TX

I have that same one. Excellent.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    IG pebble, 15,000 gallon
    48 PentAir DE Filter with backwash valve
    PentAir Whisperflo pump with 1hp 2-speed motor
    Aquabot 4WD, Poolskim
    Intermatic Dual Timeclock with freezeguard
    DIY chlorine feed

4. Back To Top    #4
    Langwarrin, Victoria, Australia

i use the whale tail brush
    the spoiler adds downforce brushing much harder
    when you pull back the spoiler folds over making it easy to pull back : The Wall Whale Classic Swimming Pool Brush : Patio, Lawn Garden
    SWG inground peanut shaped painted concrete pool
    50,000 litres 13,000 gallons
    Lincoln Salt Chlorinator, 25 gram cell Sand Filter
    Taylor K2006-C test kit, Taylor K-1766 salt test
    are you taking care of your pool or is the poolshop taking care of you

5. Back To Top    #5
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

I use this one, Paradise 18 Turbo Brush Swimming Pool Brush | PTB100 and it works great. I wanted a little extra pressure without a full on whale tail.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Central Valley CA

+1 on the Wall Wale never going back to a normal brush, I tried a normal one for a total of 2 weeks and could not believe the difference when I got the wale. The brush they sell with the whale tail is nice and the tail can also be installed on many other brush heads when the brush wears out.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, built Oct 2015, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, 10GPDStenner for chlorine, 3GPD Stenner for MA, TF-100.