Snake in pool

Wilkod

Mar 8, 2014
Cypress
Is there any stuff that can be used to safely repel snakes from the pool? Safe for the poo water quality i mean. Just caught a baby in our pool that i suspect may have been a moccasin.... thanks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We've had our pool for 4 years out in the woods with a creek about 100 yards from the pool. We only see a few snakes around the place every year, including copperheads and water moccasins. We were worried about snakes hanging out in our pool. I have only had to fish two snakes out of the pool. I think it is true that snakes are more afraid of us than we are of them. They seem to avoid us and the populated areas of our property. I wouldn't worry too much yet. I don't know about Pat's alligator though! :shock:

Yeah, gators make a big mess in pools, I have never had one in mine we are a few miles from alligator territory (closest ones I know of are about 5 miles away), but I have known people to have them get into their pools.

I once found a tiny snake in my skimmer basket. He was so small I thought he was a worm. He wasn't a rattlesnake so I wasn't worried. He must have somehow gotten in during a rainstorm.

As for Pat's "problem" I don't think chemical adjustments will cure that big green monster.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.