pump compatability

Apr 6, 2016
florida
I hope I have picked the correct forum. I have an above ground 16×48 Coleman pool, purchased at Walmart for about $300. I have never owned a pool, and figured of we got a year out of it I would be lucky. Researched about chemicals, and haven't had any issues in that category, except lazy kids who don't want to skim and vacuum. Anyhow our pool has actually lasted over a year and is so in excellent shape, except fir the pump/filter, it is starting to breakdown, I was warned that these pools (intex etc store bought). usually come with a less than affective pump/filter for their size. I am looking to replace it, I found an intex sand filter, 2100 gal. Per hour, at a reasonable price with good reviews. My question is will an intex sand pump/filter be compatible with my Coleman pool? Thanks in advance for any advice and or information!

Welcome to TFP!

Did you steal my lazy kids??? LOL! Yes, the Intex sand filter will be a very nice upgrade for your pool. They work much better than the cartridge filters. Lots of people on TFP have upgraded to the sand filter and are happy with it.

While you're at it, I would suggest getting an Intex SWG as well. Get the standalone model instead of the combo pump/SWG unit in case one of them quits, you won't have to replace both.

With my Intex pump, sand filter and SWG on a timer, my pool is mostly maintenance free once I get my levels all set. Just vacuum and check the water every few days. We can safely leave it for a week or so while on vacation, and come back to a pool ready to swim. I spend maybe $100 annually on salt, pH decreaser and testing refills.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.