Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: leaking in ground tile pool

1. Back To Top    #1

leaking in ground tile pool

my in ground tile pool is leaking real bad. is there some kind of thick roll on or spray on urethane coating I can use? I once found a 2 layer coating, 1st layer was the thick sealer and the 2nd was a quarts looking layer, it was a urethane of some sort. I cant find it anymore? or is there anything else I can use.

thank you!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: leaking in ground tile pool

Welcome to TFP!!!

Is it completely tiled?

Can we get a picture?

There are several products that can be rolled on. They won't look nice but they will control your leak for a while over a tiled surface. Are you talking about a clear coating?

I would recommend determining the source and cause of the leak and repairing that. This is a more expensive solution but it should last longer and look better.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: leaking in ground tile pool

Quote Originally Posted by gwegan View Post
    Welcome to TFP!!!

Is it completely tiled?

Can we get a picture?

There are several products that can be rolled on. They won't look nice but they will control your leak for a while over a tiled surface. Are you talking about a clear coating?

I would recommend determining the source and cause of the leak and repairing that. This is a more expensive solution but it should last longer and look better.
    sorry for the late reply, the notification was sent to my junk folder.

Yes, the entire pool is tiled. I will get a photo. finding the leak would be to hard and being in a earthquake prone area, I need something that can flex. I was looking into products like LINEX or something of that sort. The system I found previously but cannot find again was a 2 part, first was a thick seal coat and then a top coat that had a "quartz" look. I liked it but could not find the product again.

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I don't care if its clear, I don't need to see my tile anymore.

Thanks.