Foam cove

Mar 29, 2016
Chicago,IL
So I ordered this foam cove for the bottom as the installer said it would help hold the sand in better...is this a hoax or good insight. Also, it came and the tape doesn't feel sticky at all??? Some of the paper was even peeled off exposing the "glue", or what's suppose to be glue. At this point I think I should just return it and have a sand cove instead. Thoughts???

people love both, there are some that have the foam cove and foam bottom with no sand.. I went with sand under foam... when I had a regular pool I was going to use sand, then foam over sand, then foam cove..

the nice thing foam cove does is make a uniform cove over the whole pool, sand can be an issue but there are installers who can do sand perfect and some who do not...

I think I would use foam cove :)

people love both, there are some that have the foam cove and foam bottom with no sand.. I went with sand under foam... when I had a regular pool I was going to use sand, then foam over sand, then foam cove..

the nice thing foam cove does is make a uniform cove over the whole pool, sand can be an issue but there are installers who can do sand perfect and some who do not...

I think I would use foam cove :)

shouldnt the glue be sticky though?? Seems like it won't hold well I mean the water pressure should
hold it but thought I read that it can shift if not sticky? Probably over thinking it.

When you put it in, the cove should be butted up against the last piece installed. I have it and used it on 3 pool installs. I'd use it again if I replaced another pool.

We used the foam cove, and then ran duct tape along the seams on both the top edging and between the pieces of cove where they butt up, to a) help stick it in place a little better and b) to help reduce any creases that might become visible when the liner is sucked tight under the water weight.

shouldnt the glue be sticky though?? Seems like it won't hold well I mean the water pressure should
hold it but thought I read that it can shift if not sticky? Probably over thinking it.

Nope, not overthinking it :) It should, StephL had a good suggestion on using tape, the Gorilla extra tough/thick tape is great at lowes..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.