How to cover up concrete patching on walkway

Aug 23, 2009
Spring Valley, NY
Please see the attached picture and the concrete patches around the outside of the pool.
I'm looking to sell my house - what's the least expensive way to make that area more attractive? Paint (if so- how - does the pool water dripping on it from people's feet ruin it)? or another idea? Also want to make sure that whatever I put on doesn't make it slippery for people to fall
thx

Attachments

• 20160405_081117.jpg
    20160405_081117.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 203
In order to get maximum resale value, I would power wash the entire deck area. It will take a lot of time but will look amazing when it's finished.

Then paint it all with an epoxy paint....possibly best done by an experienced professional.

I'm not sure what the previous owner used but my pool deck is epoxy gray painted
and it looks fantastic. No bubbling occurred anywhere, it just needs a little touch up here and there
in it's current state

<---in avatar photo

I let diluted bleach (50/50 water bleach mix) soak on my concrete deck and then power wash... it goes much faster. I use a standard 1 gallon garden sprayer to apply the diluted bleach. Shaded/dirty areas may need multiple passes of bleach/power washing.

I just got done this evening looking at a YouTube on resurfacing concrete driveway. There was also one on stenciling on a pattern of rock. (Our pattern is brick.)

20x40 in-ground concrete "vintage" pool
Approx 38k gal
Concrete, plaster and epoxy paint
Sand filter
DIY plaster resurface repairs completed 6/2015.

Here's a pick after first coat of paint. Looks great except now I see that the cement edge of the pool clashes with the sand colored deck. What paint and color would you recommend for that? Also, any inexpensive ideas to hide the one crack that still sticks out (see 2nd pic)

Attachments

• pool crack.jpg
    pool crack.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 91
  • pool - full - small.jpg
    pool - full - small.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 87
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.