DFW Texas Pool & Spa Build (Round 2)

Does anyone know the best way to clean like a white film off tile and stone and what causes it? Also 2 of my sheer descents always start off separated like in the picture and i have to use a butter knife to fix it by running it through the open slot. Builder says pebbles but I don't see anything or they're just that small?

f1f1487457dbdff75144c033882b5108.jpg

c890f88b2ee77cab8b33bfb145724feb.jpg

bfd9c57175e4ae534152f6dca355aecd.jpg

59641cb82814deb333ea9bec246ed09b.jpg

e7e0f6450f4bee2f3b14bc08618fb42c.jpg

Ralph says HI!!

f6082e8cd2706dfc4bc12c03f190ac53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI RALPH!!!! Have you been IN the pool yet??

Very true on the PH not being accurate with the FC over 10. It is time to push your PH down to 7.2. It is going to be a fight for a little while as the plaster cures.

Yeah those pebbles are that small :(

Here is a link that helps with the white stuff:

Removing Salts/Efflorescence From Brick And Stone Masonry

Some people use muratic acid 50/50 with water in a spray bottle. Use care with this stuff. It is yucky.

Your pool is looking awesome!

:kim:

HI RALPH!!!! Have you been IN the pool yet??

Very true on the PH not being accurate with the FC over 10. It is time to push your PH down to 7.2. It is going to be a fight for a little while as the plaster cures.

Yeah those pebbles are that small :(

Here is a link that helps with the white stuff:

Removing Salts/Efflorescence From Brick And Stone Masonry

Some people use muratic acid 50/50 with water in a spray bottle. Use care with this stuff. It is yucky.

Your pool is looking awesome!

Thanks Kim! The 50/50 MA and water is that safe to use if I was in the pool cleaning it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keep your eyes peeled for clear ribbed plastic that is a little smaller than 1/8', and is tapered on one dimension and is about 6 inches long -
its pictured in the repair kit -
REALLY hard to see in the water when they fall in pool
Ask me how I know
My descents have a few missing and I intend to try to fix them myself this fall with the pieces Ive located

Shear Descent repairs

With it being 50/50 AND what does get into the water will not be that much it is safe. Just wear eye protection and I would move the water around in the area quite a bit to keep it mixed up.

Let us know how it goes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You can go towards more MA but use GREAT care if you do so. I wonder if you soaked a wash cloth in chlorine and had it "stuck" to the tile for a little while if it would do any good in breaking it up? Oh maybe spray the MA and let is sit with a cloth over it to help it stay on the tile a little longer?

You can go towards more MA but use GREAT care if you do so. I wonder if you soaked a wash cloth in chlorine and had it "stuck" to the tile for a little while if it would do any good in breaking it up? Oh maybe spray the MA and let is sit with a cloth over it to help it stay on the tile a little longer?

Sorry just realized I never updated this. In case anyone was wondering I ended up just using a electric pressure washer and hit the tile carefully from a safe distance and it came right off very easily!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.