Hello All, so glad to be back and thinking about enjoying our pool. We have been inundated with phone calls from our pool builder trying to schedule our pool opening (we are not interested in using them) and I was getting ready to call the local pool store who installed and closed our pool last year to get on their schedule to open when I reviewed their "service" offerings. This stuff all looks fairly basic and I'm thinking we can save ourselves some money and do this ourselves. Especially since it doesn't look like they do any chemical balancing or cleaning.
I've read through and printed out the Pool Opening sticky, all straight forward looking. My concerns are....
1. How do I remove the safety cover and how many people am I going to need to help me? What is meant by "fan fold"?
2. I don't believe they did anything at closing to the equipment besides blow the lines out and plug the returns. If I just unplug the returns and turn the pump on I'm not going to damage anything am I? Where would plugs be in the filter system area?
3. Lubricating the bolts - anything special that should be used? Do I need to lube the cover anchors?
4. Hook up pump, filter, etc. - as far as I can tell nothing was disconnected, what should I look for? How do I ensure the pump "primes properly"?
5. If I understand everything I have read, we should leave our SWG off until we have achieved proper water balance, correct?
6. Here in Pennsylvania we have had spells of 70 degree weather interspersed with lower temps and several nights of freeze warnings. Do you think its okay to open as long as I leave the pumps running overnight? Should I wait a little longer?
Thanks in advance for all your help, looking forward to getting the pool open and testing the water - I think I've become a bit of a chemistry geek, family is threatening to get me a white lab coat.