Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool cover - Use Old Cover As Template

1. Back To Top    #1
    North Carolina

New Pool cover - Use Old Cover As Template

Hey All,

I am in the market to purchase a new cover. I currently have a mesh safety cover that has straps and bolts that hold it in place. I am not sure who manufactured the cover. It is so old that tag that has the serial number has completely faded although it does have "Century" printed around the outer edge of the cover.

I have been looking online and it seems that the best solution would be to use a company that will make a template from my old cover. This would save drilling new holes and installing new anchors all around the pool. Also, my pool is an unusual freeform shape so it would be hard to measure.

Has anyone had experience sending in an old cover? What company did you use? Pros or cons?

Near Winston-Salem, North Carolina
    33,000 IG Freeform Gunite * Pentair Tagelus Sand Filter * Hayward Pump
    1970's Build * Resurfaced 2015 w/Krystal Blue Krystalkrete
    Polaris 380 Cleaner * TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    Fletcher, OK

Re: New Pool cover - Use Old Cover As Template

that sounds like a wonderful and easy way of doing it, But I do not know anyone who has done that... you best bet would be to call some companies and ask them if they will do that.. There may be someone along that has done this
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3
    Fairfax, VA

I purchased a house with an existing cover. I was lucky and received a post card address to the old owners with the pattern # and asking if it was time to replace the cover.

You could try contacting the manufacturer and see if they could look up the address to see if they have the pattern on file. Get a quote from them and then compare to other companies.
    Last edited by kcindc; 04-06-2016 at 11:58 AM. Reason: double post within the same post and an odd error message
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig Heater 336K BTU, TF-100 test kit.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Loop Loc will make a new cover with the old one as a pattern.
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

5. Back To Top    #5

St. Louis

Raynor will as well, but they only worked through the local Leslie's store. That wasn't an issue and I received a 30% discount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    25K IG, Gunite, Pebble Sheen, Sand Filter, St. Louis, MO