Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from Tarpon Springs, FL

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello from Tarpon Springs, FL

I'm under contract with a house that has a pool, and that pool has some issues that I need to work out.

My realtor suggested I go to a local pool story but I figured I could find an online forum that would probably give better advice, and so I'm here.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from Tarpon Springs, FL

Welcome to the forum. We'll be glad to help!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Alright! Good choice. Welcome to TFP! Feel free to look at all the available forum areas. If you have a chemical question, post something in that area. If it's equipment related, do the same there. Make sure to visit our Pool School page (link in my sig) and of course your #1 task ....... the RIGHT test kit. The TF-100 or Taylor K-2006 will serve you well. Please see the TF-100 lnk in my sig for either one. Don't forget the "Speed Stir".

Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. This link may also help you: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post. Welcome!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guy!

Will take the advice before I start asking questions/bothering you guys. Ha!

At this point, I just have what I guess I would "philosophical" questions (i.e., preferred heater). We're not scheduled to close until 5/17, but I'd sure like to have a head start (and a plan) before I take over the property.

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool!

Feel free to post some philosophical questions in the Just Getting Started forum.

I like a good plan too! Here is the plan I would go with.

1. Order a TF100 from TFTestkits.net
    2. Read this, Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    3. Ask questions to fill in the blanks
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

OH YEAH! I got another FL person! Even if he is a Gator! LOL

Darth, when you have a chance you should start a post in "just Getting Started" and start posting your questions.

Good call on NOT trusting the pool store........they work for $$, We at TFP work for smiles!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to TFP. Love the username! I'd read Pool School up n down n,ther inside out while you're waiting to close. Your questions would probably turn into an Ohhhhh okay.... That's so simple! But we're always here for questions.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter