Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help getting my pool set-up

1. Back To Top    #1

Help getting my pool set-up

It's been awhile since I have been on here. My neighbor and I are trying to set-up his 24' X 54" pool. We have the ground just about level, should be done today. I am trying to find out how much sand needs to be emplaced before we install the pool? Any pointers about things we need to do will be a great help.
    8000 gallon, sand filter, above ground,3/4 Hayward pump

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Help getting my pool set-up

There is more info in this recent thread about what to put under a pool.

Novice above ground pool Need help setup intex pool Hayward sand filter aquatrol swg
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Help getting my pool set-up

One of my favorite threads about levelling I need advice on leveling my ground.

Sand has no real structural strength, so I would use the thinnest layer possible to just smooth out the surface so you don't end up with little divots in the floor that collect silt.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!