pool cleaner help

Hi ppls
Need help with our Kreepy Krauly!

It seems to be stopping and starting when it is running and not continuously moving!
Not sure but after googling have read that there could be air getting into the system!!! :(

This unit is at least 15 years old and have already spend some coin on parts in the last few months
Should i just turf it and buy an new cleaner and hose or should i try and fix it!
Am getting sick of fixing it though!!

Also if i was to buy a new cleaner and hose, could i use it with my existing Kreepy Krauly skimmer plate that's in our waterco skimmer??

Thanks guys in advance for you advice and help

Very novice when it comes to pool, but am learning :)

Dave

Welcome to TFP!

Turf it, that is some new lingo for me. :) I say turf it and buy a robot. No hose, just plug it in and drop it in the pool. That is what everyone seems to be getting these days. I haven't gotten one yet though.

I think any hose should work with the skimmer plate, might need to use an adapter (which might be included).

If you go with a new suction cleaner, I highly recommend The Pool Cleaner (or I suppose one of the copy cats that Hayward and Pentair now sell I think).

I wanted a "The Pool Cleaner" ($750) and bought the Pentair Rebel copy-cat ($600). It works a treat. Kreepy type has Buckley's chance in my pool because of the right-angle corners.

I would look over that hose and see if it's sucking, and if so, then price out a new hose (or just a section or two?) before deciding. Yes, you can get it to match up. Take the bits to the store to be sure.

If it's getting the job done and not causing drama other than replacing the diaphragm, might be less bother to stick with it. If diaphragm is lasting less than a season, might need to be throttled back, or not left running as much.

I wanted a robot but to get a Dolphin (best and maybe only one to get) I was facing over $2K for the M5 with remote. Robot will scrub though, which replaces most brushing, from what I've read. The Rebel vacuums only (with insignificant scrubbing from skidding tyres, haha).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.