Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool cleaner help

1. Back To Top    #1

pool cleaner help

Hi ppls
    Need help with our Kreepy Krauly!

It seems to be stopping and starting when it is running and not continuously moving!
    Not sure but after googling have read that there could be air getting into the system!!!

This unit is at least 15 years old and have already spend some coin on parts in the last few months
    Should i just turf it and buy an new cleaner and hose or should i try and fix it!
    Am getting sick of fixing it though!!

Also if i was to buy a new cleaner and hose, could i use it with my existing Kreepy Krauly skimmer plate that's in our waterco skimmer??

Thanks guys in advance for you advice and help

Very novice when it comes to pool, but am learning

Dave

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pool cleaner help

Welcome to TFP!

Turf it, that is some new lingo for me. I say turf it and buy a robot. No hose, just plug it in and drop it in the pool. That is what everyone seems to be getting these days. I haven't gotten one yet though.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeh aussie lingo
    Wish I could get a robot but too expensive and no cash :'(
    Our new bubs is due in May so have to save every penny

4. Back To Top    #4

I think any hose should work with the skimmer plate, might need to use an adapter (which might be included).

If you go with a new suction cleaner, I highly recommend The Pool Cleaner (or I suppose one of the copy cats that Hayward and Pentair now sell I think).
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

I wanted a "The Pool Cleaner" ($750) and bought the Pentair Rebel copy-cat ($600). It works a treat. Kreepy type has Buckley's chance in my pool because of the right-angle corners.

I would look over that hose and see if it's sucking, and if so, then price out a new hose (or just a section or two?) before deciding. Yes, you can get it to match up. Take the bits to the store to be sure.

If it's getting the job done and not causing drama other than replacing the diaphragm, might be less bother to stick with it. If diaphragm is lasting less than a season, might need to be throttled back, or not left running as much.

I wanted a robot but to get a Dolphin (best and maybe only one to get) I was facing over $2K for the M5 with remote. Robot will scrub though, which replaces most brushing, from what I've read. The Rebel vacuums only (with insignificant scrubbing from skidding tyres, haha).
    12k IG salt; glass beads in plaster; K-2006C, K-1766, CCL, and Aussie 4in1 (HTH); Pentair Eco800 1.2HP VS; Zodiac SWC 1.3 lb/day (25 g/hr); 25" filter recycled glass; OKU solar panels; 1/2 HP solar pump; Rebel (Warrior) pool cleaner; FlowViz; prior pool AG 10k | Read Before Posting to get the best possible advice | ... and this helped me a lot!: TFPC for Beginners

6. Back To Top    #6

Good advice! Yep, saving those diaper pennies is lots of fun!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach