Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Temp sensor on a Baja 1042 spa

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Temp sensor on a Baja 1042 spa

Hi, I've got a Baja 1042 spa that's showing some signs of a bad temperature probe: overshooting the set point by 8-10 degrees during heating/filtering, and randomly showing 10-15 degrees over the actual temperature, thus refusing to heat. Sometimes the control panel flashes "131F". Cutting power and turning it back on often solves the problem.

I was thinking about replacing the temperature sensor. I found the sensor and it's easily disconnected, but I am not sure how to choose the right replacement. It is a three-wire device, and looks exactly like this:

Temperature Sensor - HydroQuip 34-0203

But I wouldn't mind some reassurance. The cable on the sensor doesn't seem to have any identifying information about the device, just info about the cable. On the control box, there's a sticker that says "33-0025-R5 PCB, Digital, Ultimate, 240V".

Google isn't helping me much for replacement parts for the Baja 1042; just replacement covers.

Question one: Do these symptoms sound like a bad temperature sensor?
    Question two: does that HydroQuip part look like a reasonable replacement?

Thank you! This has been a very helpful forum for both my hot tub and pool!

-Tim

PS: I can upload some photos, but I am not sure if they would be helpful...

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Temp sensor on a Baja 1042 spa

OK, I think I've made some progress. I've found the replacement circuit board (Hydro Quip Circuit Board, DIG MP, UNIV, 8-Key, 9700 Series, 33-00) and that page links to a suitable temperature sensor! So I think I will buy that and see if it solves my problem.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Temp sensor on a Baja 1042 spa

Welcome to TFP!!!

Sorry no one was able to help. Hopefully you just solved the problem for yourself
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!