New Stenner Install

I bought everything from Lockewell. I bought a few extra things but the total including shipping was like $415.

I bought a 24v relay for my Aqualink setup on Amazon for like $20 I think. Then Home Depot for some of the electrical supplies needed... Outlet, box, outdoor cover, wire, conduit.... That was probably like $25-$30..... Then of course bleach to fill it up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not positive really.... I saw a picture of your equipment setup and you have an outlet already... So if you bought a pump that runs in 120v you could just get a timer like a Intermatic HB880R or the Woods 50015... Both on Amazon for about $20. If you bought a pump that needs a 240v circuit then you will need to tap into your pool pump power circuit.

What pump model did you buy?

Well... If you have an iAqualink system... And you run your Stenner pump manually at the end of the day and let it turn off when the main pump turns off.... Be sure to check in the morning that it doesn't come on automatically.....

Found out how that works today.... Pool is now at shock level (FC of 17) after the Stenner ran from 8:00 am to 12:45pm!

Glad I caught as I watched my kids swim and could hear the Stenner running thinking it was on a schedule time but then realized it hadn't stopped.... Kids are now out of the pool!

Well... If you have an iAqualink system... And you run your Stenner pump manually at the end of the day and let it turn off when the main pump turns off.... Be sure to check in the morning that it doesn't come on automatically.....

Found out how that works today.... Pool is now at shock level (FC of 17) after the Stenner ran from 8:00 am to 12:45pm!

Glad I caught as I watched my kids swim and could hear the Stenner running thinking it was on a schedule time but then realized it hadn't stopped.... Kids are now out of the pool!

Just wondering if you were able to correct this?

Yeah was just something I didn't know would happen. I guess the iAqualink system has a memory of what is running in "manual" program and not a scheduled program. The way I have the relays wired.... the Stenner relay only gets power if the main pool pump is running. So when I turned the Stenner on manually with the app on my phone and I just let it run till i knew the pool pump schedule would be over. So the Stenner only ran for 20 minutes that evening. Then in the morning when the pool pump came on, well so did the Stenner pump.
No issues what so ever with the Stenner running on its scheduled programs..... just a goof on my part and a lesson learned.

Yeah was just something I didn't know would happen. I guess the iAqualink system has a memory of what is running in "manual" program and not a scheduled program. The way I have the relays wired.... the Stenner relay only gets power if the main pool pump is running. So when I turned the Stenner on manually with the app on my phone and I just let it run till i knew the pool pump schedule would be over. So the Stenner only ran for 20 minutes that evening. Then in the morning when the pool pump came on, well so did the Stenner pump.
No issues what so ever with the Stenner running on its scheduled programs..... just a goof on my part and a lesson learned.
Good to hear. If you don't mind I will probably reach out to you if I have questions when I get my Stenner

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.