Pump Recommendations?

Apr 4, 2016
Grimsby Ontario
I am hoping to replace my pool pump that came with my pool when I bought the house - it looks like a 1 hp Purex Challenger? label is really faded

I was thinking of going with the Hayward Eco Star, but my old pool has only 1 1/2" pipes - so I was thinking of the Hayward Tristar or the MAx Flo VS. I am hoping to add solar panels in the future for pool heating, and some automation\ valve actuators to make more wife friendly....

Thoughts

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Eco Star would likely be overkill.
Some of the smaller VS pumps (like the MaxFlo) do not integrate well in automation systems. I know the new Superflo VS has some terminals that allow hooking it up to some automation.
A cheap option would be to replace your existing motor with a 2-speed version and use your existing pump. That can integrate into just about any automation system.

Thanks for the reply's-- I did a quick look and up here in Canada the Pentair is on sale for 25% off ($870) but the website says it is the older model 342000 but haven't called to confirmed yet. Any thoughts on buying used? There is someone that is selling "reconditioned\rebuilds" pumps and offers a six month warranty. I have been following his offerings online over the last year...
Thanks again..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.