Second year with a pool.....

Apr 4, 2016
Grimsby Ontario
I wanted our next house to have a pool - got it--- a 1964 concrete pool with a vinyl liner. Apparently it cracked a few years ago and was repaired, sprayed with a foam and then the vinyl liner installed- at least that is what a neighbor has told me...

I am hoping to change out the pump- it is kind of loud outside the bedroom window- although it is a reminder to shut the pump off at night.

I bought a mesh safety cover as we have a dog, and didn't want the vision of seeing her twisted up in the tarp to come true.. Even though I bought the "micro mesh" it seems the pine needles have made it through....thank goodness I bought a leaf net I guess. and didn't throw away the water bags for next year..

and as a final hope for the pool, I would like to add solar panels to the roof for some heat and a timer for automation.... not to mention the stairs, it would be nice... our pool is one depth, no shallow end, step off the ladder and immediately submerged up to your chin, in my wife's case over her head...Oh yeah lets not forget converting it to Saltwater - had a large blow up pool that was saltwater - very nice..... Somehow I thought owning a pool was going to be relaxing- deck, oh yeah the deck should be resurfaced, the paint is peeling of the concrete....