Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First for me...Dead mouse!

1. Back To Top    #1

First for me...Dead mouse!

Found a dead mouse in my skimmer this morning, and that's a first for me. I know he wasn't in there at 8pm last night, and I found him about 8am this morning, so less than 12 hours. Do I have anything to worry about as far as it messing with the water?
    Mark
    20'x28' IG, Vinyl, (Sept 2015) 14,900 Gallon, 3'4 to 5'6 deep, SPLAPOOL 1.5 HP, 220v, 2 speed pump, Waterway Carefree 27" 400 LB Sand filter, Digital Nano plus SWG, TF-100 test kit /speed stir. Dolphin Primal x3 robotic cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First for me...Dead mouse!

NY mice must not be as bright. I get dead mice on a regular basis (when the pool is open)

Fish them out and maintain sanitation levels.

3. Back To Top    #3

Another forum member had a rabbit in theirs yesterday. Last year we saw Opossums. You should feel fortunate.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

i had a BAT in mine a few days ago....weird, but kinda cool. don't worry about it. hahhahaah!
    12000g pool + 1000g spa. Jandy 2.0hp epump + separate Jandy pump for Sheer Descent. Jandy CV Cartridge Filter. Jandy Lxi gas heater. Tropical Breeze PebbleTec. Aqualink. Aquapure SWG. Nature 2. The Pool Cleaner 2x. Taylor K-2005.

5. Back To Top    #5

Makes me feel better.......my FC is at 7, so I should be good! Thanks!
    Mark
    20'x28' IG, Vinyl, (Sept 2015) 14,900 Gallon, 3'4 to 5'6 deep, SPLAPOOL 1.5 HP, 220v, 2 speed pump, Waterway Carefree 27" 400 LB Sand filter, Digital Nano plus SWG, TF-100 test kit /speed stir. Dolphin Primal x3 robotic cleaner

6. Back To Top    #6

It makes me so sad when I find a bat in my skimmer. I have fished two live ones out already this spring while having cocktails at night. I love the bats!
    5900 G Fiberglass IG pool (circa 1990), SWG Hayward Aqua Rite GoldLine (2013), IntelliFlo Variable Speed Pump (2013), Hayward Pro Sand Filter (circa 1990), Well water (no iron or other metals fortunately), test with Taylor K2006C, Charleston, SC

7. Back To Top    #7

Last year I was on vacation, my sister inlaw came over to use the pool and called me to let me know a skunk was dead floating! YUCK. She is an amazing woman, as she got a shovel and her and my niece fished it out and pitched it into the woods (where it stank for 2 months!).

I had her put the salt cell on super chlorinate .. when I got home I checked an had no CC and all looked good. Monitored daily (realistically hourly) for a while and all was well.

Moral of the story, had a mouse before too, lots of frogs, but the skunk I hope was my worst and hope is the last large animal!!
    DIY 18x36 IG Vinyl Rectangle with 2 foot radius; Steel Walls. 8' steps w/t 2 step jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 2 returns; Hayward Pro Series 24 Inch 300# Sand Pool ; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves, Hayward PL-P-4, SWCG

8. Back To Top    #8

We have a local "small lake" aka large pond that many families venture to over the summer, for that matter any lake really. Been swimming in it for years, so does everyone else, no one has ever got any "deadly critter" diseases . Can only imagine how many dead animals, dead fish, leaves etcc.. are in it. I would not be concerned with a mouse or any other animal in your pool. Just make sure you maintain adequate levels and all will be OK!
    25K inground gunite with raised spa. Full Pentair products - Mastertemp 300 Gas Heater , IntelliBrite 5G Pool Lights (2), 1X Spa LED Light, VS Intelliflo Pump, Intellichlor SWG, 2 waterfalls and bubblers w/ seperate pump, sunshelf