I would like to upgrade to a Pentair LED 120V light in a Pentair wet niche in a pool which was installed around 2005.
There is a gray plastic junction box from/to the light. It rises from my lawn about 4 feet behind the light, just off my concrete deck.
I keep hitting the junction box with my mower. The box is is ugly and insects love it (especially fire ants).
So... I'd like to buy a light with a 100ft cable and run it directly back to the light switch over by my pumps, filter, etc. I can then remove the offending junction box.
Here are my questions....
1. How do I join the conduit from the back of the niche to the conduit that goes to the light switch? Are there approved products that will connect the conduits underground?
2. Would it be better to move the junction box to a better location back towards the switch where I won't hit it with a mower?
3. I am moderately technical, very safety minded and can dig holes. Should I use a qualified electrician for this work?
4. Am I mis-guided in considering removing the junction box?
• ~15,000 gallons
• Pebbletec lining, beach entry
• Aqualite salt generator
• Jandy heater
• Pentair old-skool light with wet niche
• 1.5 hp pump for in-ground cleaning system and water feature
• 1.5 hp pump for main draw
• Sand filter
• SE USA