What's One More Pool in Central Texas

Thanks! There's actually a lot more yard on the other side that stretches down the side of the house into the back yard. Unfortunately that's also where they had to bring the heavy equipment in. So that will all need new irrigation lines as well as sod. As for the plaster/finish, we are going with Stonescapes. We aren't fully decided on regular or mini pebble (any and all replies on experiences with either are welcome and most certainly appreciated). PB has regular pebble and swears by it, however his daughter has mini pebble and says he's a crazy old man.

Also we have narrowed the color down to Tropics Blue, Tahoe Blue, and Midnight Blue. We looked at a pool Saturday that had Midnight Blue mini pebble and I have to say, I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. PB's daughter has Tropics, and her friend just down the road from her has Tahoe. So we will be seeing those in person soon.

I felt the different samples and the mini pebble was much smoother than the regular pebble. That's great that you are able to see the ones you narrowed it down to in person. I would also stick your hand in there and feel the surface. Our PB told us that the mini pebble is still a bit rough on your thighs and bathing suit in the spa. We are going with Quartzscape for a smoother finish. Our PB put mini pebble in their own showcase pool and the upgraded Jewelscapes in their spa. With the darker blue color, just keep in mind that your water will be warmer in the summer. I'll be seeing a pool with Quartzscape Tahoe Blue this week or next to make sure it is what we want.

I felt the different samples and the mini pebble was much smoother than the regular pebble. That's great that you are able to see the ones you narrowed it down to in person. I would also stick your hand in there and feel the surface. Our PB told us that the mini pebble is still a bit rough on your thighs and bathing suit in the spa. We are going with Quartzscape for a smoother finish. Our PB put mini pebble in their own showcase pool and the upgraded Jewelscapes in their spa. With the darker blue color, just keep in mind that your water will be warmer in the summer. I'll be seeing a pool with Quartzscape Tahoe Blue this week or next to make sure it is what we want.

Tahoe is what we are leaning towards the most. We are very fortunate to have pools available to us to look at, and will take full advantage before we come to a decision. I have actually felt the samples, and you are correct about the mini being smoother. PB's argument was that, in his opinion, the regular pebble actually felt therapeutic to the feet. We have to go to his house to check out some tile samples this weekend and he encouraged me to actually step onto his tanning ledge and feel for myself. I'll be doing the same at his daughters mini pebble.

Jewelscapes is breathtakingly beautiful.....and I'd have to sell one of my children to afford it. With them being so close in age to being able to work a lawn mower, that would just negate the purpose of having them in the first place. :cheers:

So I get up early this morning to put batteries in a chirping smoke detector when I hear a truck outside. Apparently they had someone cancel last night and asked my PB if he had anyone that was ready for Tile and Coping. Shout out to whomever cancelled! You just made my week!

Sorry for poor quality. Will get better pics later.

Slacked on the pics of the coping and tile, however with all of the rain we have had 0 progress since. We are really happy with how well the tile matched the flagstone ( "we" wanted to just extend the earth tones into the water). I think I've gotten pretty much all of the loose flake off of them, however PB will return with pressure washer to reshoot it to be sure. We will be sealing it, however we haven't decided on if we want a "wet" look or not. When it's wet, it brings out some really awesome colors; however it no longer matches the tile as well. The ground is too muddy for me to get any good close up pics. So this weekend I'll get out there and wet some spots and get some pics of that as well.

Well, at lunch the wife and I went to look at 2 pools. Tropics Blue with Abalone shells and Tahoe Blue. The Tropics blue mini pebble was nice, but the shells looked really bad. They seemed like they weren't really scattered about too well. Some areas had really heavy coverage, where other areas were quite sparse. So we will be passing on the shells.

The Tahoe Regular Pebble was a big let down for us. All the pictures we saw, we thought for sure it would be the one. I don't know if this person didn't follow the directions the first few weeks or what....but something didn't seem right about it. I loved the water color from a distance, but looking down at the pebble itself was a deal breaker. It looked more like damaged plaster or like someone had regularly dropped in heavy metal chairs and drug them across the bottom. In the end, it's too much money to chance not liking it.

So....we decided we will likely be going with Stonescapes Midnight Blue mini Pebble. The pool we looked at blew me away. I was just certain that the Tahoe would impress me even more (I'm sure the Quartzscapes would be more what I was looking for). I do have someone on my block that has Aqua Blue mini pebble. Think I will go drop a nice note in their mailbox with my number on it, asking if they wouldn't mind me taking a look at it.

Finally had enough dry weather to get the decking done! They came out on Tuesday and started with the sand and framing it up. That big storm passed through that night, so we had to let it dry all of Wednesday. They were back at it Thursday and gave it the green light to pour. So glad I was actually there. Otherwise there would have been mistakes with the equipment pad location (should be 2 feet further back from where the plumbing currently resides). I also made a last minute change on the shape of the big hump. Lastly, the pump needed one of the outriggers to rest in my garage. It was a really neat process and glad I got to watch from start to finish. Equipment is being delivered today, and likely to be hooked up tomorrow (weather permitting). Now on to the irrigation, landscaping, fence, etc… Finish line in sight!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well that is NEAT! They went up and over your house! That must be a STRONG pump to pump it that far up and out! LOVE the far away picture!

Everyone needs to be there for things like that for just the things you stopped, fixed, changed. Better YOU pick what YOU want done instead of them.

Kim:cat:

It really was cool. I wasn't expecting that. Spoke to the operator for some time while waiting on the cement trucks to show up. He said the real danger is a pipe bursting and cement going all over the house. So guess what I worried about the whole time?! They said I'd only need to be there for an hour or so to confirm the form of the deck before they poured, but it seemed like I was having to make decisions and provide solutions throughout the process. So yea, for any one else getting near this stage...I'd just try and take the day off. The last thing I wanted was to get home and something be wrong.

dunno what was going on with mine then, air never made it thru the piping when the water was circulating. I ended up never using the bubbles, the bubble noise was a big deal but the best feeling ever was feeling the heat kick in on the water jets on a chilly day.

My blower also shares the spa jet piping. It all runs fine with the blower on, the jets on and the heater. I think the blower is awesome for the spa!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.