Plaster finally going in ... Bi Carb Questions and possible guidance

Couple more.... Still curing.... Also notice all they wrapped sponges around the end of the hose and also bottles, as soon as it's full enough to float I will remove hoses and let the waterfall into standing water. I'm very happy with the job in the color. Will post more as this progresses.

709a2a18aa1f19e370f90794467157dd.jpg
a285c2f0dcbe248e5ce788eec903e521.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question, at what point do I start checking the water pH levels? Do I wait till its full or how often?

Have you checked your fill water? If not do so BUT do nothing about the levels. It is just a jumping off point. Post your results here please.

We will go from there.

LOL so we shall name your plaster color 4! LOL I wonder why numbers? Hummmm

Oh and what do you test with? Can you please list it in your siggy as well?

Kim

Hi Kim! I will upgrade my sig when I get to a computer I don't know how to do it on the phone. I have the TF100 kit. I did pretest my fill water, it looks good for the bicarb method. I will post those numbers here once I get back home. I'm just wondering how far I should let it fill before I test the pH? It started around 7.2, but I'm sure it will raise quickly.

Kim, I just remembered if you look on my first post on this thread I did post my starting fill numbers.

Couple more.... Still curing.... Also notice all they wrapped sponges around the end of the hose and also bottles, as soon as it's full enough to float I will remove hoses and let the waterfall into standing water. I'm very happy with the job in the color.

Agreed! Plaster #4 looks good! :)

I have a question, at what point do I start checking the water pH levels? Do I wait till its full or how often?

I would wait until it is full. You can't mix chemicals until it is full and the pump is running.

Have you read this? A Bicarb Start-up guide for TFP members

Water in deep end is about 2 feet deep so I took the floating bottles off the hoses to get the hoses out of the water. I am hoping 2 to 3 foot of water should be deep enough not to let the water splash and hurt anything? I think I'm going to like color number 4 it's already a very pretty grey and as water gets deeper I think it will be even nicer.
I went ahead and check the water before I read your prior post, pH = 7.2, CH = 400, TA = 360.

7386c275e1b61ea68008e469cb60640a.jpg

I forgot you were doing the "different" start up. I am not going to be of any help on this one I am sorry. I think you have been reading JamieP thread correct? That should have a lot of info for you as well as that link above.

Good work on posting your fill levels. I forgot about that as well LOL

I can't wait to see the finial color of #4!

Kim

Nothing added, just the fill water. It was 7.2 from the beginning, and it's only been filling a couple hours. In fact all the numbers are very similar to what the fill water was from the beginning. I know nothing was added because I waited for 4 hours to start filling it. I was the only one here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I noticed a wet spot on the plaster. There must be some seepage from behind? I seen this on the bond coat but thought the plaster would seal it? Is this something I need to be concerned about? Same pic one is zoomed in.

c13cf2daa5fa42a65689a8d9b4434a6e.jpg
399d9ec3c2ed3a8463c8516892c0042e.jpg

It is right about where the top of the water level will be, behind that wall is mostly landscaping, built up dirt. I did notice the other day when the pool was emptying that it was flooding as it was getting too much water from the sprinklers. I have a landscaping guy coming over to check the sprinklers to make sure there's not a broken water line or if the heads are putting out too much water. My biggest concern is I did not want to ruin the plaster, you think that's OK? I think I can clear the water saturation behind it just by correcting landscaping and sprinkler issues. I will take pictures in the morning to give you a better idea of what the situation is. It's too dark now. Just check the pH again still staying at 7.2.

Here is a picture I took earlier, if you look at the bench in the center back and look to the right side of it, you will see the wet spot, Zoom in....that will give you an idea where it's in comparison to water level and what's behind it. The dirt rises up nearly as high as the back wall is.

f25d8eb601a918bc5b9988c007d82c3e.jpg

Thanks... I did shut them down as soon as I seen them flooding.... That was while I drained the pool on Tuesday. The sprinkler guy comes tomorrow afternoon to look at it. I just looked again, the wet spot does not appear to be getting any bigger. I will probably go to sleep for a few hours and check the pH again in the morning. Thx

Pool is probably 90% full, probably 2 feet from complete. I just checked the pH it still sitting at 7.2. I am sure my reagents are good because I also have a hot tub I just checked, it is at 7.5, and there is a distinct color difference in the tester. It is a brand-new TF100 kit. I just finished cleaning out and putting in two brand new filter elements in my filter so I should be ready to go soon as it completes filling. That wet spot never really changed over the night, hopefully it won't be any issue. Water is crystal clear, I'm nervous about not having any sanitizer in there.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.