support base to sand filter broken

May 22, 2011
The base that my sand filter sits on has completely broken to pieces. The filter is now tipped and leaning into the side of my house and the PVC going into the filter is crooked (and probably gonna crack somewhere).

The pool store says I should just replace the whole filter since it's old (could be 15 years??).

I wondered if I could just cut and shorten the PVC, remove the last few pieces of the base and let the filter just sit on the cement pad below? What if I put some cinder blocks around to keep from tipping (though the PVC hold it there pretty well)? Thoughts?

Sure you can set it directly on the concrete. It would be nice to see a picture.

IMG_20160404_110022186.jpg
IMG_20160404_105807778.jpg
It really is leaning to the side like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a leak coming from that first elbow on the way to the filter. Any ideas to fix that? Looks like I'd need to cut out both lines and redo those valves as well. :( The little one goes to the aerator.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.