Hayward OmniLogic Low Voltage Relays

kernst

Apr 13, 2015
Tulsa, OK
Does anyone know the specs on the Hayward OmniLogic Low Voltage Relays? Other than they are listed at 24v, I can't seem to find any other useful information on the relays. I'm curious if I can add a string of 24v LED rope lights to one of the low voltage relays in the OmniLogic. Does it have enough amps for such a connection, or do I still need a 120v transformer connected to a high voltage relay for this to work?

At present I only have the heater connected to a low voltage relay, and that's only for the "control" wire, it has a separate 240v connection (not on a high voltage relay) for power. If low voltage lighting won't work on these relays, what else is supposed to connect here?

Thanks.

Its basically an "on/off" switch. I have a transformer powering several different types of 12v lights, and ran each location to its own LVR. The omni lets me instantly turn all of these areas on as needed

The problem with the lv relays is you can use them for lights. well you can however when selecting lights to program your omnilogic only hv relays are able to be chosen. So you would have to choose another section in programing such as heater and rename it light to use the lv relays in this fashion.

The way to properly use the low voltage relays for lights is to have a 24v transformer send power to the lv relays. Then dumper down them for as many you would like to use. Then from the other side of the lv relays have them control and external 24v relay which in turn controls the transformer for your lights. but as I stated early you cant choose the lv relays in the lights drop down menu when programing. I have spoken to Hayward to have them adjust their programs but as of yet they will now. reason is they make to much money selling your those over priced hi voltage relays.

The problem with the lv relays is you can use them for lights. well you can however when selecting lights to program your omnilogic only hv relays are able to be chosen. So you would have to choose another section in programing such as heater and rename it light to use the lv relays in this fashion.

The way to properly use the low voltage relays for lights is to have a 24v transformer send power to the lv relays. Then dumper down them for as many you would like to use. Then from the other side of the lv relays have them control and external 24v relay which in turn controls the transformer for your lights. but as I stated early you cant choose the lv relays in the lights drop down menu when programing. I have spoken to Hayward to have them adjust their programs but as of yet they will now. reason is they make to much money selling your those over priced hi voltage relays.
:wave: Welcome to TFP!

Unfortunately, I think there are so many typos in this I am not sure what you are trying to say. Can VS. Can't, etc.

Its basically an "on/off" switch. I have a transformer powering several different types of 12v lights, and ran each location to its own LVR. The omni lets me instantly turn all of these areas on as needed
I just realized that I did end up wiring my lights to the high voltage relays because of the programming issues.

Basically ran a hot 12V from transformer to each HVR, and ran back the hot to each lighting section. Works awesome, and so far I haven't set my house on fire.

I ended up needing the expansion panel and the relay bank...the stock omnilogic is pretty limited in actuator and HVR control.

So far I really like it. The web access works well, the app I don't trust for control away from home.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.