The Most Wonderful Week of the Year!

YippeeSkippy

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 17, 2012
Evans, Georgia
Hey y'all- do you know what this week is??! Its The Masters!! Did you know this event is the *hardest ticket in sports to get* and even if you don't like or play golf, its too beautiful there not to want to go.

Golf fans from all around the world invade my space here, the azaleas are in bloom and everyone is happy!happy!happy! Kids are all out of school for the week just because of golf..... isn't that great?!

Pimento cheese sandwiches are a must this week at The Augusta National ($1.50!!)

Now...if only my pool was warm, darnit! Otherwise its a *great* week to be in Augusta!

My friend won the "ticket lottery" that they do every year in 2013 and took me with him. It was on top of my bucket list for sure. This place is unbelievable in every way possible. After watching the Masters on TV for over 20 years, 2 things stood out to me more than any other after actually going there.

1. Augusta doesn't need your money! (This was the ongoing joke the whole time we were there). I'm used to going to sporting events and spending a fortune on everything from food and drinks to souvenirs. I was fully prepared with a wad of cash in my pocket. I couldn't believe how inexpensive everything was, the sandwiches are $1.50! I bought souvenirs for my whole family (also inexpensive) and still left with a wad of cash!

2. The elevation changes on the course itself are unbelievable! TV definitively does not do this justice. I couldn't believe this while walking the course, it's like a totally different place in person.

Augusta is so surreal that it is literally like Paradise. I sunk into a deep depression after coming home from that trip because the rest of the world just looks so mediocre compared to that place. I didn't see a weed the whole time I was there, not even in the parking lot! Now THAT'S impressive!

Yup, large beers runs about $2.50-$3.00 and comes in a commemorative cup! What other sporting event charges that little?? Everyone who lives here has a *bazillion* cups from across the years. And even better are the Tervis Tumblers they sell. I buy 'em by the box load and use them as gifts for golfing friends.

And yeah, those hills will get the newbies. Sadly we see a lot of folks who have no business being out there medically, but they scored those once-in-a-lifetime badges and refuse to miss it. They suffer those hills.

Today was a glorious day for being out on the course. Sadly I was not there. :( Weather cooling off a bit as the week progresses..

- - - Updated - - -

The only thing that could top being there this week would being able to play a round there.

The Augusta National Golf Club is a class act. They do let the police, EMS, medical folks and other volunteers play. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.