Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: The Most Wonderful Week of the Year!

1. Back To Top    #1

The Most Wonderful Week of the Year!

Hey y'all- do you know what this week is??! Its The Masters!! Did you know this event is the *hardest ticket in sports to get* and even if you don't like or play golf, its too beautiful there not to want to go.

Golf fans from all around the world invade my space here, the azaleas are in bloom and everyone is happy!happy!happy! Kids are all out of school for the week just because of golf..... isn't that great?!

Pimento cheese sandwiches are a must this week at The Augusta National ($1.50!!)

Now...if only my pool was warm, darnit! Otherwise its a *great* week to be in Augusta!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: The Most Wonderful Week of the Year!

Enjoy!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

This event is on my bucket list but also knowing how difficult tickets are to be had (as you mentioned) it might be one of the items I'll continue to dream about going to.
    ~Chris - 20,000 gallons free-form gunite / Pebbletec, Aquapure 1400 SWG, 2 HP Jandy VS Main Pool Pump, 2 HP Jandy Water feature Pump, 580 Jandy cartridge filter, Dolphin M500, TF-100 w/Speedstir.

4. Back To Top    #4

Alright! Happy Masters Week!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

I have been lucky enough to get tickets in the past. I still have absolutely vivid memories of that course. It is unlike anything I have ever seen.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

The only thing that could top being there this week would being able to play a round there.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

7. Back To Top    #7

My friend won the "ticket lottery" that they do every year in 2013 and took me with him. It was on top of my bucket list for sure. This place is unbelievable in every way possible. After watching the Masters on TV for over 20 years, 2 things stood out to me more than any other after actually going there.

1. Augusta doesn't need your money! (This was the ongoing joke the whole time we were there). I'm used to going to sporting events and spending a fortune on everything from food and drinks to souvenirs. I was fully prepared with a wad of cash in my pocket. I couldn't believe how inexpensive everything was, the sandwiches are $1.50! I bought souvenirs for my whole family (also inexpensive) and still left with a wad of cash!

2. The elevation changes on the course itself are unbelievable! TV definitively does not do this justice. I couldn't believe this while walking the course, it's like a totally different place in person.

Augusta is so surreal that it is literally like Paradise. I sunk into a deep depression after coming home from that trip because the rest of the world just looks so mediocre compared to that place. I didn't see a weed the whole time I was there, not even in the parking lot! Now THAT'S impressive!
    15,000 gallon free form Viking fiberglass pool. Hayward Star-Clear Plus C12002 cartridge filter. Hayward Swim Pure Plus T-15 SWG. Testing with TF-100 Kit. 2 speed 1.5HP Supreme pump. Dolphin Nautilus robotic cleaner

8. Back To Top    #8

Yup, large beers runs about $2.50-$3.00 and comes in a commemorative cup! What other sporting event charges that little?? Everyone who lives here has a *bazillion* cups from across the years. And even better are the Tervis Tumblers they sell. I buy 'em by the box load and use them as gifts for golfing friends.

And yeah, those hills will get the newbies. Sadly we see a lot of folks who have no business being out there medically, but they scored those once-in-a-lifetime badges and refuse to miss it. They suffer those hills.

Today was a glorious day for being out on the course. Sadly I was not there. Weather cooling off a bit as the week progresses..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ping View Post
    The only thing that could top being there this week would being able to play a round there.
    The Augusta National Golf Club is a class act. They do let the police, EMS, medical folks and other volunteers play.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain