Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Network Camera Results

1. Back To Top    #1

Network Camera Results

OK, my wife wanted an Internet camera so we could see the pool on our home computers. I was initially like, "why?" but as usual it turned out to be a good idea. Here is a screen cap of the cam from media room. Also, the 1st pic of my pool on TFP. Hoping it helps to stir your imaginations.

PS I will add that the water is much more prettier and deeper blue than is shown. Thanks TFP!
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Network Camera Results

Great looking pool. It's also good for safety. Adding a motion detector or motion detection software can be helpful to detect activity in the area.

3. Back To Top    #3

I would love to get another camera as well so that I can face it at the pool for when the kiddos are home alone, or we are all gone (heaven forbid someone "wanders"in). I currently have two inside my home monitoring my common areas to watch the kids/pets while we are at work. These areas would also catch any intrusion/sneaking out as they cover the exterior doors....my kids are going to hate me come the teenage years when they get a little more adventurous.

Here is the upstairs one....I'd wave but I had to use both hands to capture the screenshot.

Kevin, TFP Believer & Supporter
    (Yup, I drank the pool water)
    13.5K gal, 24' Round AG Vinyl, TF-100 Test Kit
    2HP Waterway Pump, 200 SqFt Hayward Element Filter
    Recommendations: Pool School, TFTestkits & Pool Math

4. Back To Top    #4

I have 5 web cams throughout my home and outside. Check out iSpy - works like a champ (and it is free).

- Flappy
    16,500 gallon IG Pool & Spa: Intelliflo VS pump, Pentair Triton II TR-100 sand filter, Teledyne Laars Lite2 propane heater
    Laminar Jets (2): Hayward Maxflow SP1600 1/2HP, Hayward Star Clear C500 cartridge filter
    Jandy iAqualink RS-8 Rev T, Hayward AquaRite AQR15, Dolphin Supreme M5, Taylor K-2006, Taylor K-1766

5. Back To Top    #5

What cameras are people using?
    14x28 Kidney IG vinyl pool, 9250 gallons. Pentair 1.5hp superflo variable speed, Pentair Clean and Clear 240 Cartridge filter, Pentair IC40 SWCG, Hayward Heatpro 110,000k heat pump, Pentair Intellibrite 5G LED lights, Polaris 280, Taylor K-2006 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm using these, as they integrate with my SmartThings system....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-...&ref=212&loc=1

~Kevin (MN)
    13.5k gal, 24' Round AG Vinyl
    2HP Waterway Pump, 200sqft Hayward Element Filter
    BBB Method & AuquaSmarte Inline Chlorinator, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

With smartthings can you check on any of the cameras at any time though the app? I'm itching to get started with a home automation system, but its not a high priority in my budget right now.
    20K gallon 32 ft x 16 ft vinyl liner in ground pool || sta-rite modular media P150 cartridge filter || .75 HP whisperflo dual speed pump
    Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Edit: See below

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by bigevilgrape View Post
    With smartthings can you check on any of the cameras at any time though the app? I'm itching to get started with a home automation system, but its not a high priority in my budget right now.
    I use the Samsung app (free) to view them from anywhere, anytime on my phone/ tablet. <br />
    <br />
    Through SmartThings I have them setup as a security system (free if used as a text notification setup) to record for a period of time when doors open. I use the built in motion sensor (which can also be utilised through SmartThings) to record continuously 24/7 until the memory card is full and then it just records over the old video.

~Kevin (MN)
    13.5k gal, 24' Round AG Vinyl
    2HP Waterway Pump, 200sqft Hayward Element Filter
    BBB Method & AuquaSmarte Inline Chlorinator, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

We are using cameras from a company called Axis. My wife picked them out.
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

11. Back To Top    #11

I have the older samsung cameras - never liked the way they "capture " video
    They dont they send jpgs to google drive

Ill have to look into the links here
    Doug - Purchased 1/2016, 1995 house with 16x31 ft, ~23000 gallon Gunite pool w 11x7 spa, 3 Pentair VS pumps, a boost pump for polaris 3900 and a BaduŽ Jet super-sport swim jet pump, 1.5 hp blower, a CL460 Cartridge filter. TF-100 test kit. Aquapure SWG, iAqualink - Lots to learn. New Aquabright, Jandy LEDs, CMP LED Sheers.