Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Blue Ridge Hot Tub???

1. Back To Top    #1

Blue Ridge Hot Tub???

Have a chance to get a used Blue Ridge Hot Tub pretty cheap.

Anybody have any advice on what to look for when I go look at it? Looks nice on the outside.
    24'x54" 15k AG round - Outback Genesis
    1 1/2hp Hayward Matrix 2 speed. Hayward 180T Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Pool School & TF-100
    How to SLAM

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Blue Ridge Hot Tub???

I am no expert on hot tubs, but I have never heard of them, and know they are not one of the big names, so my advice is to be ware, there are a lot of fly by night hot tub brands and low quality junk tubs out there.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Looks like its a Jacuzzi line made especially for Lowes in the early 2000s.

It was in decent shape. Skirting needed replaced and the Jets had some rust looking spots on them. 5 person tub. Everything worked. Brand new cover less than a month old. $300. I dont see how I can go wrong. The cover itself is at least $350.
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Pool School & TF-100
    How to SLAM

4. Back To Top    #4

That sounds pretty good. Time for some hot tubbin!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

Before you fill it, heat it, balance it... I'd recommend filling with water an using a deep clean product to clear out the plumbing. Ahh-some for hot tubs and jetted spas is the best I've heard of and used myself.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

6. Back To Top    #6

Is that how you deep clean them? With a special product like that. That was going to be my next question actually.
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Pool School & TF-100
    How to SLAM

7. Back To Top    #7

Yep. You can get it on amazon. I used it on my tub and will be using it again this spring. It's essentially a high powered surfactant (detergent) that removes stubborn biolfilms (bacterial crud in the plumbing).

Ahh-Some for Jetted Baths, Hot Tubs Swim Spas - Ahh-Some Water Cleanser for Your Pool, Hut Tub, Jet Bath, Swim Spa and Washing Machine

Amazon.com : Ahh-Some Hot Tub/Jetted Bath Plumbing Jet Cleaner (2 oz) : Bathroom Cleaners : Office Products

It's a bit on the expensive side, but a 2 oz. jar will get you 3-4 deep cleanings. You can check out a thread I put up when I used it: Ahh-some treatment
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

8. Back To Top    #8

I second the suggestion of Ahh-Some
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

9. Back To Top    #9

I will be sure to do this when I get everything up and running. Any advice on how to clean the actual jet itself to get surface stains off? Soak in vinegar maybe? White jets have brownish tan stains on them. Picking up the tub tomorrow so I can't really see exactly what they are. I'm sure just surface stains.
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Pool School & TF-100
    How to SLAM

10. Back To Top    #10

After you get it cleaned up and filled this is how I maintain my tub. Been working great for a few years. How do I use Chlorine in my Spa (or pool)?
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

11. Back To Top    #11

So pretty much maintain just like my pool? CYA of 30 FC of 5ish. I know my neighbor has a hard time keeping his Ph right. Is there a trick to this?
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Pool School & TF-100
    How to SLAM

12. Back To Top    #12

Yep, pretty much the same. PH is different, there is in depth coverage of PH in the article, lowering TA and adding borates to help manage PH.
    TFP Moderator

13. Back To Top    #13

So I got the tub today. Jets are pretty dirty. How do I remove this to clean it or replace it?

TF-100 Test Kit
    Pool School & TF-100
    How to SLAM

14. Back To Top    #14

So after prying and twisting and tugging i finally figured out how to remove the jets. I'm suprised i got them all out without breaking them....they are VERY brittle. I think they will need replaced. Does anybody know of a place I can order these from???

20160407_070525.jpg
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Pool School & TF-100
    How to SLAM

15. Back To Top    #15

Here are a whole bunch, Sunplay.com Spa Jets
    TFP Moderator

16. Back To Top    #16

Don't i need this special kind???
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Pool School & TF-100
    How to SLAM

17. Back To Top    #17

I don't know, I haven't replaced jets in a hot tub before or seen any threads here about that. The people at Sunplay are very nice and extremely helpful, I would give them a call and see what they think.
    TFP Moderator