Draining and refilling - Concrete bottom / Fiberglass sides - 40+ years old

May 1, 2013
We have a concrete bottom, fiberglass sided, 25,000 gallon, 40+ year old pool with a ton of unsightly staining on the concrete that we have been living with since acquiring the pool in 2012. My guess is someone let it sit with debris and it ended in permanent staining. For aesthetic purposes only, we would like to drain it completely, then use a pressure washer and bleach to remove as much as the staining as possible. My sole concern is that I don't want the walls to cave in or crack and I don't want to float the concrete bottom (if even possible). What steps can I take to prevent any of these disasters from happening?

Thank you very much for the advice.

Could you post some pictures of your pool?

My concern other than the obvious water table one is whats holding the sides up? Are the fiberglass walls in good enough shape to hold back the walls without the support of the water? There may be no way to answer that question without taking the water down. Its been there 40 years so this may not be an issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.