Variable pump, how to control it with heater/ cleaner SWG?

gbest

Apr 3, 2016
South of Boston MA
I want to change my pump to a variable speed, I'd also like to go SWG.
My signature lists my current equipment, I need to know the best way to control the whole thing so that the heater shuts off before the pump, and the cleaner works as it should.
My pool company wants $$$$$$ to do this, I'd like to do it myself.
Any help appreciated

There are a lot of choices here. Since you already have a booster pump you might want to get a two speed pump instead. Not quite as much electricity savings but it will have large savings.

If you are keeping costs low Intematic has a pool control system. Not too many on this forum talk about it so I don't know much but its 400 on Amazon right now. And its Intermatic most of their stuff is good. All of the big three have control systems that are probably more sophisticated than you need and you generally want the dealer to install.

If you really want to gain efficiency dump the booster pump and the pressure cleaner and go with a robot. Much less expensive to operate.

Generally operating a heater and a vs pump together requires some control system and the big three want you to have their authorized dealer do the install. In a market like Boston this will be expensive. If you want the heater to run on its own timer then there are programmable vs pumps but they won't control the heater.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.