Hi from Gordiec

gordiec

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 14, 2009
Huntsville, AL
Hi All!

I’ve been lurking here for the last month or so and thought it was way past time that I introduce myself.

My wife and recently had a pool installed and I decided that I wanted to learn how to care for the pool rather than go to a pool store and buy whatever they suggested (can you imagine buying a car, or even groceries that way?) This was the first site I found that really described the pool chemistry in a way that I could understand (i.e. simple) and provided a place to ask questions and receive answers (from nice people!) to the odd questions that arise from time to time.

Thank you to the site owner, administrator, moderators, and all the users of the site for making it such a valuable resource.

Gordon

frustratedpoolmom said:
Thank you! And welcome, glad you are here! :wave:

Pics? :mrgreen:

Here is a picture -- 22'x40' vinyl with fiberglass steps and needing lots of landscaping:
pool.jpg

waste said:
Gordiec, you ought be the 'poster child' for TFP! 8) :mrgreen: You've gotten your sig set up, are already a 'lifer' and provided us with a pic of your beautiful pool :goodjob:

WELCOME TO TFP!!

Aw, shucks, Waste, you didn't have to say all them awfully nice things about me. But thanks for saying them!

Again let me point out what an incredible resource this site is. For the cost of being a lifetime supporter, I could have bought a book on pool care and it may have given me the information I needed to keep my pool sanitized and clear -- or not. It certainly would not be updated with new ideas and other peoples experiences -- and forget about having an avenue for Q&A's (which I will be taking advantage of shortly). So I consider myself lucky for having found this site right after opening a new pool, instead of months (and many $) later when trying to clear or repair it. So again, I thank everyone at TFP for their time, their willingness to help others, and their patience with all the new pool owners.