New Pool, now what?

Did you add any CYA to your pool, and if so, did you put it in a kneehigh or something equivalent?? The reason I ask is because CYA dissolves very slowly. If you just added it to your pool, that could be the stuff you're finding in your filter. I don't think it would cause the cloudiness in the pool, though.

Your water turned cloudy after adding the bag of "shock" the calc hyp, yes? I thought I read somewhere that stuff can cause cloudy water. If you added a whole bag that would be alot for the pool your size, what is your chlorine readings? I had the same thing happen when I tested my pool for calcium hardness, the test didn't turn the colors the instructions said....and according to the pool store I had calcium in there. If you already had calcium in there and you added a bag a calcium hypo, I would guess that could "cloud" the water. I'm no expert, just keep following their advice, they did right by me! Good luck

I use this calculator: http://www.poolcalculator.com/
I can't figure out how to get the other one to work. This one has worked very well for me, and so far whatever it has told me to add, I have added exactly that much, and it drops or raises the levels exactly as it is supposed to.

And get out there and buy those filters NOW because next week the stores will be full of school supplies and there will not be a pool filter to be found! I change mine every week, but I wash it out twice a day. For really fine particles, I have had good luck with clarifier also.

Also, it's a good idea to keep checking where the inflow hose comes into the filter/pump because mine tends to get clogged easily with leaf particles, hair, bugs, etc.

16x48 Intex
6000 Gallons
2000GPH Filter/Pump
Hayward Aqua Critter Vac

Thanks for the reply, i used the pool shockthat came in the "pool starter kit" just says powdered chlorine.

I have not been able to pick up some CYA so none yet. I have let the pool go for the past two days and have not added Chlorine and its gone to pot. In two days..... all slimmy and brown on the bottom. I have not been covering it because the cover that came with it doesnt like to stay on so whats the point.

I can put 2 gallons of chlorine into my pool over 2 days and its all gone the second night.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.