Should I order a slightly larger liner to reduce stretching/make it last longer?

Aug 5, 2012
Pocatello, ID
I suspect ordering a slightly oversized liner will make wrinkle removal a bit harder, but in many installation videos, I see the liner needs to stretch to fit the pool.
Additionally, when the pool is partially drained for the winter, sometimes the liner peels from the corners. I probably drained a bit too far, hence my liner replacement.

I was thinking of adding an inch or two to X and Y measurements. I suspect these measurements are within the tolerance of most people's ability to measure accurately, including my own.
Does this sound like a reasonable idea?

IMHO, not a great idea. The liner manufacturers take into account various factors when making the liner, including time of install (i.e., colder / warmer months), and will adjust the 'cut' of the liner accordingly. Slight stretch is to be expected, and should be well within the tolerances of the material. Giving anything other than true measurements is asking for wrinkles that will be very hard to remove, and could adversely affect lifespan / cleaning efficiency.

If you're getting some 'tenting' when the level is lowered for the winter months, that's pretty much to be expected, and as you guessed, due to the lowered water level. If your liner bead is coming completely loose in the corners, I'd suggest the use of 'liner lock', or manually adjusting the track in your coping (coping is generally made of aluminum, and may have deformed. it's generally pretty easy to bend the track a bit tighter. Basically slightly crimping the track, for lack of a better term).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.