Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to TFP

1. Back To Top    #1

Red face New to TFP

I'm new to this site. I've been around pools & the ocean most my life. I worked as a Life Guard @ Myrtle Beach back in the day. I have an inground, kidney shaped pool (Painted plaster) approx 26000 gallons. I call it my "Cement Pond " ..
    Salteedog

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to TFP

Welcome to TFP!

Are you sure it is painted? It is not common (or recommended) to paint pools.

You can tell us more about your pool by updating your signature with your pool info to help us help you better in the future. More here, Pool School - Read This Before You Post
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Love your name and what you call your pool------cute! I hope you enjoy your time here!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    Welcome to TFP!

Are you sure it is painted? It is not common (or recommended) to paint pools.

You can tell us more about your pool by updating your signature with your pool info to help us help you better in the future. More here, Pool School - Read This Before You Post
    Its an older pool installed in the 60's , it's a concrete pool or may be a gunite pool, who knows. I didn't install the pool. My point was: it's not a vinyl liner pool

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Kim !

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Kim
    Salteedog

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok, let's call it a gunite pool with plaster for now.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

"Pool and a pond ...... pond would be good for you." Caddyshack. Welcome to TFP.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to TFP
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks Casey
    Salteedog

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by salteedog View Post
    I'm new to this site. I've been around pools & the ocean most my life. I worked as a Life Guard @ Myrtle Beach back in the day. I have an inground, kidney shaped pool (Painted plaster) approx 26000 gallons. I call it my "Cement Pond " ..

Welcome!!! abroad