IG pool rebuild - Long Island

JUTEZRf.jpg

WxXJF7w.jpg

Filled! I really like the color

Covering the pool & closing for the winter? Leaves in there need to go or else they'll leave tannin stains on your new liner. Oak leaves and acorns are not "pool/liner friendly". Maybe add some straw wattles around the pool perimeter to control erosion?

Covering the pool & closing for the winter? Leaves in there need to go or else they'll leave tannin stains on your new liner. Oak leaves and acorns are not "pool/liner friendly". Maybe add some straw wattles around the pool perimeter to control erosion?
Thanks for the tip. The pump will be wired up this week. Then I need to let it run for about a week to get the water chemistry right, and check for leaks.
I'm thinking about just ordering a loop loc, and stake it into the ground for this season.

- - - Updated - - -

Pool and liner look great! You have an awesome property. What are you doing around the pool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our landscape plan is pretty elaborate and calls for a ton of hardsaping. I'm thinking next year we might just plant grass until the budget allows for the patio.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A pool code, spare GFCI outlet. Definitely the light like Kim says. And a margarita machine....everyone that owns a pool needs one.

Grey pool surfaces lead to awesome steel blue [emoji97]. Sweet!

DSuZ2XK.jpg

I think they did a pretty good job. Their basic "package" includes a sub panel with timer, receptacle for pump and spare GFCI, and breaker for pool lights, and pool light switch.

The SWG unit is on the left.

Spray paint the PVC pipes to match the color of the equipment. Pentair has their own special "Pentair Tan" and Hayward is a dark grey. It looks a lot more professional when the PVC is painted.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.