Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water features pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Water features pump

We will have a 3 ton moss rock waterfall with 5' weeping walls on each side and 3 bubblers in the sun shelf. PB is recommending a Hayward Tristar EE pump & motor, 1 horse power. Is 1.5 HP the right size? The price is the same as a 1 hp. Does it need to be 2 speed or will we be able to adjust the flow someplace?
    My pool thread. IG 31' x 20', 3.5'/4.5'/6', 8' spa, 4T moss rock WF/WW w/jumping rock, 7' x 11' sunshelf 3 bubblers, travertine coping, spray deck, Hayward equip: SwimClear 525 Cartridge Filter, H400 natural gas heater, Tristar Dual Speed EE pump 2HP, Tristar EE pump 1.5HP for water features, blower 2HP, Prologic P/S 8 w/aqua pod remote, Aqua Rite T-15 Salt System, Tigershark QC robot, networked Colorlogic LEDs 2 pool 1 spa.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water features pump

For water features, you need s large amount of flow, so that pump is likely fine. No reason for a 2 speed unless you were going to try to run at lower flow rates. You could put valves on the pipes after the pump to restrict flow to the features, just never close them all
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    For water features, you need s large amount of flow, so that pump is likely fine. No reason for a 2 speed unless you were going to try to run at lower flow rates. You could put valves on the pipes after the pump to restrict flow to the features, just never close them all
    Thank you. I think I would probably like to be able to adjust the flow, so I will ask the PB about valves.
    My pool thread. IG 31' x 20', 3.5'/4.5'/6', 8' spa, 4T moss rock WF/WW w/jumping rock, 7' x 11' sunshelf 3 bubblers, travertine coping, spray deck, Hayward equip: SwimClear 525 Cartridge Filter, H400 natural gas heater, Tristar Dual Speed EE pump 2HP, Tristar EE pump 1.5HP for water features, blower 2HP, Prologic P/S 8 w/aqua pod remote, Aqua Rite T-15 Salt System, Tigershark QC robot, networked Colorlogic LEDs 2 pool 1 spa.

4. Back To Top    #4

In case I forget to say this later............make sure to run them EVERY day for at least 5 mins to keep the water clear in the lines. You do not want it to become stagnate.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit